Monday, April 23, 2018

Warm weather!


Crocuses from the yard are coming up alongside the tulips and daffodils.


Meanwhile further down the valley in one area.
The Skunk Cabbage has made its appearance. It only grows in one part of the valley.


Lately guys with 4 wheelers have been riding pretty hard through the property. I am assuming that the land holders know that their brother is allowing 4 wheelers to ride all over. The riders must think that the louder their machines are, the better they are?

I sort of have a dislike for the noise and mess they have created. However they are making trails through what used to be nearly impassable places because of the multiflora rose bushes and wild berry bushes.
I will have new trails to walk or ride a mule on only during the weekdays though...

However, this time of year, the soil in the valley is quite delicate. And it makes me very sad to see this.
To me, the destruction is pointless.


Really? What is the point of making a huge trail of mud on such beautiful fertile soil? One big flash flood and ... think of the erosion!

My neighbors and their kids took a hike with me on Sunday. The kids love the creek and enjoy hunting for bones and interesting rocks.


I found Spring Beauties poking up from the soil on a eastern hillside.


When they come up and open they look like this shot below!



I am overjoyed at the prospect of the warm weather for this week. It means the bloodroot should be shooting up along with Trout Lily's in Tainter Hollow.

My CareGiving Duties for my husband and currently my MIL, will keep me from Tainter until at least Thursday.

Spring is coming!



4 comments:

  1. I LOVE spring beauties! I transplanted one last spring from the woods, and I am eagerly awaiting its arrival!! My puppies love the warm weather too, as I am sure Charlie does!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so hoping to get out and see Blood Roots along with all of the other wonderful spring flowers! Hope you post some new pics of the puppies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the wildflowers of spring! Happy Spring!! I am so glad it is finally here:)

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.