Sunday, April 01, 2018

Good Enough Friday!


Friday morning at sunrise just outside Readstown.

The geese came flying in above and I panned with the camera.
The K-town gang wanted to go to one of our favorite sunrise spots.


After breakfast, the guys went to get small bales of hay. While Rich and I had to take a trip to the nursing home to sign some paperwork...Daryl worked with the chainsaw on the giant oak tree that fell last year over the fence. The upper part of the branches held the trunk off the fence, but I could see that it was slowly sinking.
The last thing I wanted to happen was for the fence to get ruined if I had cattle in that pasture.

Thank you Daryl and the girls. I know they worked hard on the tree and unloaded the hay from Rich's truck while we were taking care of business at the nursing home.

We had planned a trip to KVR on Friday. The weather was supposed to turn cold and rainy by nightfall. We planned our Saturday hike to be close to home.

I know how much my friends enjoy seeing our unique 'ice' caves so I took the gang on a short side trip to explore two ice formations before we decided to do the Black Hawk Rock Hike.


Note that Charlie was being picked up a lot at this point. The ice was wet and very cold. I think Charlie was shivering from the excitement and not necessarily the cold.

However, Charlie proved himself to be quite the avid hiker on groomed trails.
Yes, we had his little cord on him. It doubled as a leash at times.



The two dogs got along famously. 
Charlie continued to be a source of entertainment.

Here he decides to carry a Big Stick. 

By the time we reached Black Hawk Rock, Charlie was in need of a nap. I tucked him in my flannel jacket and zipped it up. Charlie settled and and started to snore.

At this point, I'd wished I'd brought some sort of bag to carry him in. However, we made do and around we climbed to the top.



The views were incredible. The winds were bone chilling.

And...Charlie slept through it all.
He woke up and went back to hiking when we descended off the rock.


[According to the app MapMyHike our route had taken us 3.68 miles. The top of Black Hawk Rock was at an elevation of 1,442 feet above sea level.]

It was a grand hike. One I won't mind doing again.

We got home just in time to do chores and finish up an incredible supper. We'd put a large arm roast in a roaster and cooked it all day. Daryl added the finishing touches and we sat around the round table and shared our day with Rich.

The two dogs wrestled in the living room.

We discussed our hiking plans for Saturday.
The Lost Valley.

And we all went to bed early.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.