Monday, April 09, 2018

Dear Children

Dear Children.

Forgive me because I will eventually become old and infirm. But I won't realize it.

You may ask me to give up driving. But I may not understand why. [My father did. He asked me point blank if his driving scared me and I answered Absolutely! He quit driving.]

You may ask me to go see a doctor about something that concerns you and I may tell you to go it is none of your business or even tell you to go to hell. Be persistent and bribe me.

I may get lost while hiking. [Well, that wouldn't be so bad would it?]

You may notice that I stopped cleaning my house. Okay. Maybe not. House cleaning is NOT always my number one priority. Though I do like to keep things tidy now after our addition.
Maybe I quit making my bed. Well, that joke is on you. I never liked making the bed. Good enough just to throw the blanket over the top!

Oh. Perhaps you will find Science Experiments in my 'fridge. I am actually better at that than I used to be. So, maybe you should ask if I am trying to 'grow' something.

If I forget your name you should worry. I've always loved your names.

I may forget the year it is.
I may ask the same questions over and over.
I will tell you the same story repeatedly.
[That may not be new!]

I may forget what was told to me yesterday or argue with you over what happened. Please remember I will be on a different channel than you.
Or if you'd like to think of it this way????

My Wifi is not connected, it is trying, but it isn't quite working and it is sporadic.

My information may be different than yours.
Or...I can't always sign into my network.

I will always love my kids. That is just Mom Law.

Remember this when I can't.

2 comments:

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.