Thursday, April 12, 2018

Big Adventures


Charlie is becoming much more responsive to 'Come!' or a whistle now. Thank you Dixie for being such a good teacher!
Note, Charlie still does have his cord on while we are on the trails. The cord comes off when we get into the creek bottom as it can get stuck between boulders when he is running.

Charlie makes it nearly impossible now to go for a walk without Dixie. He waits until I am all ready and as I step off the porch to head north, he bounds to Dixie's house. They do a meet and greet and ... well, Charlie won't leave her unless I allow her to come.

Tsk, tsk. I think Charlie likes her company.


Here they are in the creek. I set my camera back pack down and took my camera out.

"Dixie, you got a bigger nose, smell the pack for treats. I know she brought treats. I saw her put them in a bag."



"No treats in the bag Charlie, where did she hid them?"

"Let me think."


"I have an idea!!!"


"Let's run!"


And it worked. After they ran down into the dry run and into a pile of debris, I did call them.

They both came on the run.

And yes, Dixie got a tiny treat and so did Charlie.

Charlie had his first swimming lesson. I dropped him into a knee deep trout pond and he calmly swam over to the rocks and climbed out.

The look he gave me was priceless.


Another treat and off we went after...I dried him off a bit.

...And suddenly crossing water was no longer a huge issue for him.



Dixie led Charlie up the ridge road towards home.



Life with dogs.
It is good.

Oh and life with treats is even better.


4 comments:

  1. I love to hear how all of you are doing so well. Morris would be pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Charlie is so cute! Loved the after a swim photo! Sending you snow...enjoy! I wonder what Charlie will think:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is commendable to see how the young ones take up new challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad that Charlie and Dixie are spending time together. It looks like he is learning a lot from her. Both are so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.