Saturday, March 04, 2017

Killing me softly...

Okay nothing is killing me.
Really.

That old song "Killing Me Softly" by Roberta Flack popped into my head this morning.
My stuffy aching head.

What is the worst thing that can happen to a person who normally never gets a cold?
A head cold that is in the sinus cavity. My face literally hurts.
I would love to rip it right off.
My eyes burn, the teeth hurt, the nose is plugged tight.

It feels as though my head is in a fog and my thoughts are lost 'out there' somewhere.

Hot tea has been my main go to drink. It seems to help. I like the herbal teas by Celestial Seasonings. The Sleepytime Sinus Soother with some honey is what I've been drinking. I know the cold is pretty serious when everything tastes like cardboard.


Rich had eyebrow/lid surgery on Tuesday morning to lift the drooping lids out of his eyes. Who would have thought such a thing was possible years ago? Apparently the lids were blocking up to 30% of his vision.

He didn't want to look at me but I took a shot anyway. The swelling was considerable and settled under his eyes.

So here I am with a fogged head, burning eyes, and sort of feeling sorry for myself with a cold.
I have to do all of the chores at least until Tuesday. Rich has weight and physical restrictions for a week.

I do have to say that getting out into the fresh air is probably the best thing for me. It takes my mind off from being miserable.

Don't feel sorry for me...I can feel plenty sorry for myself. Other folks have it much worse than I do. My stepdaughter has walking pneumonia, yikes!

More Tea please!

2 comments:

  1. Do you ever give yourself a steamer? It will really open up your head. I boil some water, put Vicks under my nose, set the water on a cutting board to protect the table and put a towel tent over my head. At first it takes my breath away, but then it feels soooooo good. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I did do something like that last night and then I took a moist hot pack and put it on the sinuses.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.