Thursday, July 28, 2016

Busy as a bee ... I think.




The Garden is going crazy!
Of course 4 inches of rain last week probably contributed to that aspect.

It appears that I'll have a good crop of squash again this year...that is Winter Squash.
I have been picking an ice cream bucket full of green beans almost everyother day now.

The sun and heat last week between the rains burned the lettuce and a few other plants in the garden.
The cosmos is growing tall above the Squash plants.  The sweet corn? I don't know, this is my first time at doing that. I am told by a neighbor who fences his in and electrifies his patch that I should expect the ravages of raccoon.

We'll see what happens right?

Yesterday we had the farrier came and worked on the donkeys. We put everyone in a nice shady area so he and his son would not be in the hot sun.

The donkeys were extremely good and that pleased the farriers to no end.




This morning I was up very early. I decided to brave the fog and make a trip to Black Bottom Creek and take a few shots.


And I stopped at an oat field on my way back home.
The oats are ripe!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.