Thursday, March 26, 2015

The C word has come to our house


On March 13th, Friday the 13th...

And who really believes in that bad luck stuff anyway?...

My husband was diagnosed with Throat Cancer.

His Ear/Nose/Throat Doctor confirmed the pathology report on Monday and gave it a name.

We will find out more after a PET scan and a meeting with the oncologist and those doctors who will be guiding us through this.

I will probably create another side-blog for following this and I'll let my readers know where that is.

For the moment our life seems on a perpetual hold until we 'know' more. Whatever that means.

Our days are up and down of course.  Because after all no one ever expects it to happen to them.



5 comments:

  1. I hope the PET scan will show a great prognosis for complete healing. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn. Hoping for the best Val.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear this Val. You will know a lot more after the PET scan.
    Sending positive thoughts to you and your husband. The C word came to our daughter's house when she was 37 and had a double mastectomy, a 4 year old and a 2 year old. She is going to be 45 and so far so good. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so very sorry to hear this. I hope the PET scan gives you some good news. I'll be thinking of you and sending healing vibes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Val I'm so sorry to hear this, hoping the PET scan goes well and sending you both my very best wishes, thinking of you x

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.