Thursday, February 19, 2015

This and That.


Yesterday at chore time.
I just had finished taking care of the hounds, feeding, re-bedding them with fresh straw and temperate water for their bowls.

It was time to hang the laundry.  It really was a perfect day for it.
The laundry freeze dries at -5 F, but the winds were mild and if left all day, most of the moisture was 'snapped' right out of the clothes.

I brought the clothes and sheets in just as the sun set.


The winds were very bitter last night, but boy did the clothes and sheets smell fantastic!

Well I have to make a trip to town today to get some things before going on an over night trip to a place south of the Dells this weekend.


I haven't been there in a few years, and I have never been there in the winter at all.

My friends are going to take me to Pewitt's Nest and Parfrey's Glen which are two incredible natural areas.
With the temperatures we've had there are sure to be some fantastic ice formations in these gorges.

I can't wait.

It will be nice to catch up with my friends too.  It has been way too long since we've spent time together.


2 comments:

  1. Freeze dried sheets! That's news to me! I would love that delicious smell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes freeze dried! They freeze and if you leave them and the wind snaps them, most of the frozen moisture is snapped right out of them.
    I hang them for a few minutes in front of the heater and then put them on the bed.
    So good smelling !

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.