Friday, February 20, 2015

Mini Road Trip


The poor Subaru is soooo dirty!  It is a shame right? Well that is what you get when you live on a gravel road.
The dust covers your vehicle in the winter or in the summer.

In the spring you get mud covered.

Anyway, I decided to take the back way home from town yesterday.
I went down through Tainter Hollow.

I love the road.  Almost a road.  It is a gravel lane of sorts that winds back and forth between two hills.  When it rains, this hollow gets hit hard.

Along the road are two places.  One is a camper and the other is a cabin of sorts.


A small creek runs through this valley and when it rains hard this valley floods.

Last year the road the culverts washed out.  This happens generally once a year unless we are in a drought.

But some of the places where this little creek crosses the road are stunning.


Like this spot, where the afternoon light reflects off the hillsides and on the water.

This is one of the spots where the flash floods destroyed the road last summer.

I make my way through the valley and around the gravel roads back towards home.


I love the twisted roads, no matter how many times I take these roads I always find them beautiful.

My favorite place is where the red rock outcropping is.



1 comment:

  1. Fabulous photos! Nice that you had a mini road trip.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.