Wednesday, May 21, 2014

I saw Elvis and many other things...

First off ... I am going to kick myself for NOT having my camera out of the bag when I saw the vision of Elvis.
Yes, he seems quite fine and alive.

He also rides a decked out Harley which blares Elvis music from its sound system.

The hair was perfect, the sunglasses were too.  He wasn't dressed quite so flashy...maybe he didn't want to attract too much attention, but yes...I saw Elvis and he is doing well.

I went hiking with my son Ed and we had a great time.  I got to see so many beautiful spring wildflowers that at times I was just overwhelmed.


Jack in the Pulpit



White Toad Lily



Toad Trillium

Then there was the Giant White Trillium:


My son probably got tired of all the *oohhhs* and *ahhhs* as I kept finding incredibly beautiful plants.

Of course then there were the pines where we spend a long time checking out 'owl pellets'.  

We found rodent jaws and small bits of bones.  



Morris and Teslin ended up taking a bit of a dip in the 'frog pond'.



After that adventure we headed over to where the Training Burn was being done by the Somers Fire Department.



The day was very long and enjoyable.

In fact it was one of the best days I can recall in recent history.

Even the dogs were tired at the end of the day.



I guess the photos tell the story.
My visit was absolutely the best.

What I didn't mention was all the fun I did have with my mom also.  That can be saved for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.