Sunday, November 24, 2013

Bubble Wrap Please

This past two weeks have been awful hard on my feet.
I rammed my middle toe on the left foot two weeks ago.  It is still a bit purple and sore.

This week I tripped [Klutz!] over a baby gate.  My right foot is sporting black and blue from the little toe to the middle of the whole foot.  How charming!

Hubby, sweet hubby, tipped the Dexter's small stock tank over so the ice would fall out of it.

I went to water the Dexters and grabbed the edge of the little tank.  It did not want to budge.
So without thinking I shoved my left foot closer, hunkered down and...

Do you see where this is going?

I yanked it up and a monster chunk of ice landed firmly and with great weight upon the top of the instep of my left foot.

I think.  No, I am sure, that half of Vernon County heard my yells and cursing.  I rolled around on the hillside and flopped around like a fish out of water.  I was hurt, I was upset, and I was mad at being such an idiot.

I now know also why no hunters shot anything today in a 2 mile radius.  I must have scared them all off.

Alas, I met up with hubby in the woods later, while taking some photos.
He said he never heard me holler.


I said, 'Next time...no wait...there will never be a next time!'
He replied, 'Until next time.'

Of course I am gimping around right now.  Not funny, but yeah, it sort of is.

I wonder what the Dexters thought of the quivering blob of blaze orange yelling and rolling in the snow and grass was?

However, I did make it to the creek to take a couple of shots.
It was quite beautiful and peaceful there.

 



 
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, ouch! At least you did get a funny story and some lovely photos out of it:)

    I hope it feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear Val it really has not been a good week! Heal well and fast and take care! Lovely pictures :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.