Sunday, June 23, 2013

Toads! Frogs? Tree Toads?

Saw these crossing an empty pasture that has been flooded.

No idea what they are!

They appear to be different colors ... and the tree toads that I couldn't see were singing up a storm, loud enough to hurt my ears!

Here is a close up shot of these two.  

A black one just like these two came out from under the water tank and jumped on them...after a bit of a frackus, it went away.

I wish I knew what these were.
Toads?
Tree Toads?
Frogs?

Anyway life is always exciting here.

2.5" of rain again last night.
More expected.

Roads closed due to washouts and mudslides.
Stay safe.

3 comments:

  1. I stand corrected, someone said they are frogs. If correct, they could be tree frogs which change colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:10 PM

    Bufo americanus, the American toad. See the bumpy skin? That means toad, not frog.

    - ed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ed! I appreciate that as I wasn't sure.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.