Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Using Maps or photos for Mandelbulb 3d and Incendia

I've decided to use flames and other fractal creations as color sources for both Incendia and Mandelbulb 3D.

When I find a color scheme I truly like I make it available to use in the Maps folder for Mandelbulb 3D.

This helps me get over the small color scheme choices for Mandelbulb 3D.

In the Lighting section of MD3D, you can find a small box called *use map for diffuse color*.
You'll pick the number or page through the MAPS and watch your fractal change colors.
At the bottom of this window are some choices.
its. trap
norms
wrap 1
wrap 2
Experiment with these and the 'scale' tab.

You can come up with some fantastic coloring for your fractal.

Here is a sample of one that I recently did using plain black and white squares for the MAP.


I also used a photo of clouds for the backround image.  You still need to experiment with the Lighting to get the proper feel of depth.

This next one I used the same MAP coloring for the MD3D image as I did for the Incendia image.  They were combined to make this.

The very far backround in this image came from JWildfire.  In essence I used 3 Fractal programs to create this last image.

I've been building a library for both Incendia and Mandelbulb 3D from both flames and .jpeg images.

Try it, you might find it very interesting.

1 comment:

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.