Friday, March 15, 2013

Wonderful Kids

I was looking forward to the weekend visit of my son and his wife.   My husband commented on the fact that I was going about like some nutcase, doing a super ... duper ... job of cleaning the house.

Yes, I should be keeping up on it at all times right?
Well I don't.
Not when the great Outdoors calls my name.

The 'kids' showed up and I was estatic.  We had been worried as to whether or not the Mini would make it through the soft muddy lower driveway.
It did.

The weather forecast for their weekend visit was horrid.  Rain, sleet, rain, freezing rain, snow...okay, so what IS the difference between sleet and freezing rain?

Anyway, we spent the first night visiting and catching up.  I got to see Ed's new computer.  I was impressed, it was super cool.  I was thinking to myself how handy that would be to have in the future if it was powerful enough to edit photographs.
Small and easy to take along.  Better than my large laptop.

Teslin and Morris got reacquainted with a few growls, a few yips and lots of chasing around.  As the two dogs get older, this lasts less and less time.  It used to take a day for them to settle down.  Now, it only takes an hour or so.

Big Surprise on Sunday.
We went to town to grab some groceries the roads were pretty awful.  Water ran across parts of the gravel roads and it was raining and sleeting.

As we were getting ready to leave the store the 'kids' directed me to the electronics area and insisted that hubby and I accept a gift of a flat screen TV.

That was huge.  I was flabbergasted and stunned.

However I didn't say no and we are now enjoying watching movies streamed from my laptop on a very nice 32" screen while sitting on the love seat...instead of watching them while sitting in metal folding chairs at the computer desk.

The rest of their visit was taken over by an nasty cold they both caught.  We were able to have one day of fun out in the woods between snow and sleet...and freezing rain.
I must say that I really understood that they wanted to get home where they could be sick in their own house and familiar surroundings.
But I was so sorry to see them leave.

Here's to having a great family.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great time! Good family and wonderful memories are priceless. Enjoy that new tv with some good movies!

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.