Saturday, March 23, 2013

Still Winter

Things look to be getting warmer towards the end of next week.
The stronger sun is aiding in the slow snow melt.
I walked down to the creek yesterday and although the temperature was 32 in the shade...it felt much warmer in the sun.

I decided to try out my new Neutral Density Filter on some flowing water.
Well, the water was not really flowing in the creek, just seeping so I had to find out something else to try with the filter.

I set up the camera on a tripod and made some manual adjustments.  I was able to use the ND filter to get a 10" exposure.
I hit the delay for 12 seconds and then tried walking through the frame.

I only showed up as a very light blur.
So then I tried walking into the frame and standing still for a few seconds, until I heard the shutter release.

I made myself into a ghost!

The snow was hard in some places, soft in others.  I will have to make sure that I use snowshoes the next time I hike, hopefully this afternoon.

The sun and the shadows however did make for some nice black and white shots.
I can't wait until the snow does melt and I get to see some green!  Even some moss would be a nice relief right now.
Spring is here by the calendar, but it sure doesn't quite seem like it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.