Tuesday, November 06, 2012

The First Snow...

I woke up and looked out the window, it was still a bit dark and as I made coffee I glanced at the car parked in the driveway.
It was getting a layer of white on it!

SNOW!
Snow!
Snow!

As it lightened I was entertained by the mares, Strider and Jewel who chased around and kicked up their heels.



Nikki and friends stood quietly in the snow on top of our 'bowl' above the house and above the Dexter Cows paddock.
The Dexters didn't mind the snow at all.  Seemed quite at home in it as long as they got their feed!

As I was doing the chores I could hear the wonderful sound of laughter from  the neighbor's house near the top of the hill.  The kids must have gone out to enjoy the first snowfall.  I heard squeals of laughter that made me stop and just listen.

Yes, it was a 'Gloomy Gus' day, but I did enjoy it however.
As I will probably enjoy it when we get a real heavy snow fall that I can use snow shoes with!



2 comments:

  1. First snow is always so exciting!! I love the effects on your little house photo...and a cute little house it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! The video is great, animals always seem to love the first snow, we're waiting for ours (hope we get some), it might disguise the mud and of course is a great excuse to act like kids!

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.