Saturday, October 08, 2011

Beautiful Morning

I grabbed a cup of coffee and headed up towards the ridge top before dawn.

I wanted to sit and watch the sun come up in all of its red glory.
It did not disappoint me.
The leaves have blown off on most of the trees on the ridge.

I stood and watched from the corner where the ancient tobacco shed used to stand.
There was a haze like a faint fog that graced the horizon.
The colors kept changing, the clouds added an interest to the sky.
My one ridge neighbor brought his son out to the cross roads to meet the bus.
I reflected on what it may be like in the dead of winter...and then let that thought pass.
This morning was warm ~ like an Indian Summer.
I thought.
Enjoy it while it lasts.
The pastel colors after sunrise tied it all together for me as a photographer.

When I at last went back home ~~
My husband said to me...
*Well was it worth it?*

I sighed and nodded.
Of course it was.
Dawn and sunset are the most beautiful times of the day.
No matter what season it is.

I felt complete.
I felt whole.
I felt happy.

All because I was able to stand and watch the sun begin my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.