Monday, February 28, 2011

A Female mind and a frozen hose...

Sure it is important to know how to 'bath a hose'.
Especially one that is frozen solid and this is the hose that goes from the hydrant [pump] to the stock tank.

I got home and walked in He follows me in.

Him: Well that didn't work!

Me: What didn't work?

Him: The hose of course, I wiggled it, twisted it, shook it and even used a screw driver to try and break the ice from the end of it...the end that goes in the tank.

Me: [Raising one eyebrow and continuing to pull off my work jacket. The temps have dropped to zero, hmm]

Him: Now the whole thing is frozen solid, I thought if I kept the water going and could get it to break loose, I'd have it licked.

Me: ...and? You just left it out there?

Him: [lifts hands as if this thought is beyond him] Yes, I left it out there! It is frozen solid!

Me: Why didn't you bring it in and put it in the bath tub?

Him: [Shrugs] Maybe the sun will shine on it and warm it up tomorrow.

Me: [Grabbing my coveralls and putting them on over my uniform] I'll give it a bath in hot water, then we can water the stock tank.

Him: [Raises one eyebrow] Why?

Me: The animals need water right?

Him: Well, it shouldn't have frozen. And besides I tried to get it fixed for at least a half hour.

Me: [My coveralls are on and I exit with a faint smile on my face. As if it is the hose's fault.]

As I exited I may have made a comment under my breath about the difference between the thought process of a man and a woman.
A man will try to defeat ice with tools.
A woman will use warm water.

How interesting how our minds work.

It never crossed his mind to dump the hose in the tub and warm it up!

1 comment:

  1. You're smarter than me. More than once this winter I've been out bending and banging on the hose to fill up the duck pool, thinking if I could just break the ice up it would let the water flow around it. DUH. I'll be using the hose bath from now on. haha

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.