Friday, June 26, 2009

Yard horse



With the heat index rising too 106 degrees the past couple of days, we decided to move Cheyenne and her foal into the yard and under our large shaded trees. There always seems to be a nice breeze in the yard...so the solution?
Yard horsie and foal!

So yesterday afternoon I took a camp chair and a book and joined them in the yard under the hickory tree. [of course with a camera in hand]

Sundance wasn't sure what to make of me in that chair and circled me warily.
Was I really a human?
How was I attached to that chair with the funny legs?
How come I wasn't grazing?

I'm happy to say that Cheyenne was quite pleased with her accommodations and as you can see, Sundance thought it was a great place to lay down and nibble on white clover flowers.

Ahhhh, the life of a yard horse!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Great photo....
    I've never raised a baby mule, but everyone I know who has says that you need a lot of up-close experiences at a very young age. What better than a yard-mule? How much fun can that be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredibly cute baby mule, love those loooooong ears! Good Idea to share your yard and shade with them!

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.